1 cup – besan
1 cup – rice flour
3-4 garlic cloves
2 green pepper
Sugar and salt to taste
1 tsp – eno fruit salt
1/2 tsp – turmeric powder
Cilantro (finely chopped)
Fresh grated coconut
Oil and mustard seasoning
- Take the flour in a bowl. Add yogurt and approximately one cup of warm water and mix. Add salt and mix it well.
- Keep it aside for 3-4 hours.
- Heat the steamer and grease a thali.
- In a small bowl, take lemon juice, soda bicarbonate, one teaspoon of oil and mix. Add to the batter and mix it well.
- Pour batter into the greased thali and place it in the steamer.
- Cover the lid and steam for 10 minutes. Keep it aside and let it cool. Cut it into small squares.
- In a pan, heat oil and add mustard to it. Once its done, pour it over the dhokla.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves and grated coconut.