The MacBook comes with a Retina display which is difficult to clean compared to other screens. Similarly, the MacBook Retina display is more prone to scratches and finger-printer, so you have to keep it clean.
You can’t clean the MacBook screen with an ordinary cloth; only you can use microfiber cloths with specific cleaners. You can also use different basic tricks to clean your MacBook screen. In this article, I will share all these techniques. So keep on reading.
Cleaning Guidelines for the MacBook Retina are as follows:
- Before cleaning, remove the device from all external cables, power sources, and devices.
- Clean only in cool, dry places. Make sure that moisture is not allowed to enter any cracks.
- Make sure the device is kept clear of all liquids of any kind.
- Use a gentle cloth to cleanse the retina. Avoid using paper, rough clothing, or towels that can damage the retina.
- Spraying directly on the item could cause damage to the item
- Use no aerosol sprays, solvents, etc.
Method 1: With Microfiber Cloth
1- Dampen a lint-free cloth using water
Only using microfiber or soft cloths as rougher cloths could cause scratches to the screen of your MacBook. Be sure that the cloth isn’t dripping with water before use. Use a squeeze to get rid of any excess water.
- Make sure you apply the water to the towel. Do not place the towel on top of your MacBook. The moisture may leak in or cause harm.
- Do not use paper towels or ragas; they could scratch your screen.
2- Wipe the screen clean, beginning at the top
Beginning at the top will ensure that you can observe any water droplets before the MacBook can absorb them. Start circularly, sweeping all over your screen. Repeat the process several times to remove any dirt or smudges. Work your way up to the very bottom.
- One way to do the trick is by laying your MacBook flat and placing the screen’s edge on a table. This will stop your hinge from shifting when you clean the screen.
- If you notice water drippy across the screen, wipe it out immediately.
3- Use a cloth with soap and water for stubborn stains
Clean a microfiber cloth and then moisten it in water. Press it down to eliminate the excess water. After that, place a small amount of dish soap onto the cloth, approximately 1 teaspoon (4.9 millilitres) to less. Clean the screen using a damp cloth after you’re done scrubbing it.
- Choose a regular liquid dish detergent. Avoid aggressive cleaners, such as ones designed to cut through grease and tough stains. The harsh chemicals could cause damage to the screen of your MacBook.
- Dry the screen with an abrasive cloth
Pick a dry, clean cloth to wipe the entire screen. Then, absorb all the water around areas of your screen to keep them from spilling into the inside of the MacBook. Then, you can finish your screen and observe how clean it appears.
- You should wash the screen multiple times to ensure it looks perfect.
Method 2: Disinfecting the Screen
1- Apply an anti-bacterial wipe on the screen
Be sure to check the wipes before making use of them. Beware of any with bleach, as bleach can be abrasive and harm your MacBook. Additionally, apply pressure to the wipe to ensure that excess liquid doesn’t drip into the crevices of your laptop.
- There’s no need to purchase special wipes. You can purchase a normal multipurpose pack from any general shop close to your home. If you’re looking for wipes specifically designed for MacBooks or other electronic devices, they can be purchased online. However, they’re not needed.
- Another option is mixing 1 part rubbing alcohol with 1 part distilled water in the spray bottle. Make a damp cloth from the solution.
2- Cleanse your laptop using an abrasive cloth
Make sure to use a soft cloth and don’t use paper towels or any other material that could cause harm to your MacBook. Then, lightly moisten it to ensure it’s not dripping. If you notice it drips, you can wring it out to get rid of the water.
- Use the cloth to wash off the disinfectant completely.
3- Dry your laptop using an unclean microfiber cloth
Get rid of any moisture. The MacBook will be spotless and safe. The next time someone touches it with dirty hands, you can do a quick clean to ensure it is in good working order.