Do you want to learn dhokla recipe in hindi then, this video is for you. In this video I’ve shown you how you can make dhokla in cooker.
Ingredients For Dhokla
- 200 grams gram flour besan
- 2 teaspoons semolina sooji or rava
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons fruit Salt Eno-unflavoured
- 1 teaspoon oil
- Water as required
For Tadka or Tempering
- 2-3 green chilli split
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- A pinch of Asafoetida hing
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon Juice
- 3-4 curry leaves
- In a large mixing bowl add gram flour (besan), semolina (sooji or rava), salt, turmeric powder, sugar and oil. Combine it together.
- Add water in the mixture above to make a lumpy batter. Let it rest for 15 minutes.
- In the meanwhile, place a steamer on hob. If you don’t have, read below to prepare diy steamer for dhokla.
- “Find a tall pan with fitted cover. Place a stand(You can use any small bowl like steel bowl which does not melt or break at high tempratures. I have used a ceramic bowl). Switch on the burner on medium heat. Fill 25% of Pan with water and fill water in bowl placed inside.
- In the batter prepared in second step add fruit salt(eno) on batter, add a tablespoon of water on fruit salt, mix it for 10-12 seconds. Pour the batter into the greased cake tin immediately after mixing it.Note – Be quick after adding fruit salt.
- Open the lid of the pan/steamer (it should be boiling hot) and place the batter tin inside the pan/steamer.
- Put the lid and cook it for 15 t0 20 minutes on medium flame (do not open the lid of the pan in between).
- Turn off the flame and let it cool down a bit.
- Take out the dhokla from pan/tin.
Tadka or tempering:
- Heat oil in a pan, add green chilli and saute for few seconds. Take them out. In the same oil add asafoetida, mustard seeds, curry leaves and sugar.
- Add water and let it come to a boil. Then switch off the burner.
- Once tadka cool down, pour the tadka on the dhokla.
- Garnish with green chilli and coriander leaves, soft spongy dhokla is ready to serve, serve with green chutney and red chutney.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!