Many are looking for practices to save money and also be eco-friendly these days. Electricity bills are a significant source of expense. Making a few minor but effective modifications in your home or office is a fantastic place to start saving money.
You can decrease power consumption by making sure that all appliances are turned off entirely, using smart Wi-Fi enabled switches, or paying your JVVNL bill payment through MobiKwik, as it is one of the most trusted and efficient payment service provider apps. The goal should be to reduce electricity waste as much as possible. Below are some of the legal methods that you can adopt to reduce your electricity bill:
- Use LEDs in Place of Outdated Bulbs
CFLs and outdated filament lights use a large amount of electricity. Your electricity bill will lessen if you change to LED lights and the amount of light will increase. According to the statistics, a 100-watt filament bulb uses one unit of power every 10 hours. In comparison, a 15-watt CFL uses one unit of energy in 66.5 hours. Simultaneously, a 9-watt LED will use up one unit of energy after 111 hours.
- When Purchasing Electrical Products, Keep Rating in Mind
The rating should be greatly considered while purchasing electronic equipment like refrigerators, air conditioners, etc. The aim should be only to try to buy five-star rated items. Although these products have a somewhat expensive initial cost, their electricity costs are meager and after prolonged use, their value is recovered.
- Don’t Forget to Switch the Electronic Appliances off after You’re Done
We should never leave the room without switching off the AC, fan, or lights. Electric appliances should be switched off while not in use. With this, you’ll be able to prevent energy waste and your electricity cost will undoubtedly go down. The most straightforward approach to saving on your JVVNL electricity bill is by doing this.
- Run the Air Conditioner Only at 24 Degrees
It is recommended to keep the temperature of an air conditioner at 24 degrees. The temperature is perfect. Additionally, this maintains the room’s temperature and has a minimal financial impact. Besides, you may use a timer. Once the timer has been set, the AC shuts off automatically when the room has cooled down.
- Use Power Strips for Several Devices.
Plug your electrical appliances and electronics into a power strip if you have many. You can turn them all off at once when they are not in use to avoid “phantom” energy loss.
- Utilize Energy Efficient Methods to Cut Costs
Here are some tips for using your technology effectively:
- Use cold water to wash your garments in the washing machine. The leading cause of energy use is heating the water in the drum. As an alternative, you can dry the garments outside in the sun to avoid paying to dry them in a washing machine.
- It is advised to use a geyser all at once. The geyser uses power to reheat itself after cooling if used for a prolonged period. The same holds true with kitchen appliances.
- The use of steps rather than lifts should be advocated for lower floors.
- The appliance takes more energy the older it is. Investments in new, energy-saving technology compensate for the rising cost of AVVNL electricity bills.
- Get Rid of Any Unnecessary Appliances
- You will discover numerous energy-consuming equipment in your home that you don’t need after a detailed inspection.
- Keeping the number of electrical gadgets and equipment to a minimum and removing the products you don’t need is a good idea. For instance, use the gas burner instead of the electric kettle to boil water.
- Like this, swap out the designer chandelier’s several bulbs for a large LED, which produces an equivalent amount of light but uses a fraction of the energy.
- Using UPI Apps to Pay the Bills
You can save money while paying your bills if you choose to pay your AVVNL electricity bills using apps like MobiKwik, which enables you to receive a super cashback incentive of up to Rs 1000.
You may reduce your electricity consumption by making the appropriate substitutions and taking incremental actions. Saving energy benefits the environment as well as your electric bill. By consuming less energy, you lower the number of harmful emissions from power plants, protecting the planet’s natural resources and opening the door to a cleaner and healthier world.