Packaging is an integral part of a good shipping strategy. For instance, choose the wrong rigid boxes wholesale supplies, and you will end up paying for it in the form of product damages, lost business, and wasted materials. In contrast, choosing the right packaging solution enables you to protect your products, save big on shipping charges, and make customers fall in love with your business.
But that’s not all what artfully crafted packaging can do for you. Think of your supplies as an empty canvas. It provides you a terrific opportunity to create something that allows your products to stand out in a crowd of competitors. Product boxes, especially custom product boxes, are a fantastic marketing tool that must not be overlooked.
Of course, the packaging is a complex field to navigate. You need to balance price, aesthetics, and functionality. Also, you need to take account of what your customers care about.
If you want to achieve the goal of effective packaging that conveniently markets your product, here are a few tips to follow:
- Know your Brand and Customers
Lately, there has been a trend of following the Apple playbook—creating minimalist and high-quality packaging.
While there is no harm in embracing this good general trend, you must ask yourself: Does it really align with your brand? Is it something your ideal customers long for?
Getting fancy packaging just for the sake of having fancy packaging is a waste of time and resources. It doesn’t amplify product experience, and nor does it strengthen your brand story.
For instance, if environment-friendliness is one of your key selling points, then using plastic and styrofoam could go against your brand values. In contrast, using recycled packaging material would work well for your values.
If you sell false eyelashes that one can highlight it through the fanciful custom eyelash packaging wholesale supply.
So, before you settle on a box style, ask yourself:
- What are the core values of my brand?
- What kind of packaging solution can help reinforce these core values?
- Do my target customers love overly complex packaging?
- Or will they be delighted with packages that minimize waste?
- What kind of packaging best matches your product?
- Are there any cheaper or costlier variations of your product? If yes, what kind of packages will you use for them?
- Does a vast majority of your buyers have a specific need (like gifting)? If yes, can you develop customized packaging to meet their demand?
- Add Something that is Shareworthy
If you want your customers to share their unveiling experience with the world through social media, it is vital to give them something shareworthy.
Indeed, first-rate materials and beautiful design work are enough. Still, you must include something that allows your rigid boxes wholesale supply to stick out from the pack to achieve exceptional results.
Below are a few examples to consider:
- A pack of plantable seeds wrapped in processing used paper — ideal for an environment-friendly product.
- A handwritten letter of thanks.
- Use some form of customization. It could be simple customization, such as Coca-Cola’s wildly successful ‘Share a Coke’ campaign.
- Use out-of-the-box packaging ideas such as turning the waste cardboard into amusing objects.
- Harness the power of add-ons like calendars, mini notepads, custom stickers, etc.
The end goal is to offer your buyers a moment of unexpected delight that they would love to share with their social community. Every other brand encases a warranty card and an instruction manual along with the product, but only a handful of them take time out to write personalized ‘thank you’ notes.
- Offer Incentives for Repeat Purchases and Referrals
According to The Legacy Printing, it’s always good news when customers interact with your packaging. This shows you managed to capture their attention and augmented your chances to record more sales.
But how on earth can you turn this wonderful news into terrific news? Well, the packaging experts at the packaging company suggests that you must encourage your existing customers to:
- Purchase again from you.
- Refer your product and brand to others.
While having a solid product naturally gives you more referrals and repeat purchases, you can speed up the process faster by offering rewards or incentives, suggests the Anaheim-based packaging firm.
Apart from that, you can use different kinds of incentives, such as:
- Exclusive discount coupons.
- Extra loyalty points and coupon codes on each referral.
- Loyalty cards that offer discounts or points for future purchases.
However, the best packaging company in the US is of the view that it isn’t necessary to make them a part of your standard packaging. Rather, try experimenting with different campaigns like dropping flyers and placing coupon codes in your eyelash packaging wholesale supply. You can also add a referral discount or change the deal based on the season, product maturity, etc.
The US-based printer has helped several companies successfully launch their products by delivering inviting packaging in a timely fashion. It has been witnessed that a lot of them had created contests to offer discounts to those who share their products’ pictures on social media. It helped brands create a buzz early in the product’s lifecycle.
Similarly, you could offer special discounts around the holiday season, and The Legacy Printing can help you accomplish that task effortlessly.
- Align Your Company’s Priorities
Sourcing packaging that is environment-friendly, cost-effective, beautiful, and protective is a tough ask.
This often pushes brands to cut corners somewhere.
The experts at the custom packaging firm believe that cutting corners largely depends on what you are selling and who you are trying to sell it to. Let’s say if your target customers are eco-conscious millennials, procuring sustainable or greener packaging materials should be unavoidable. In case the product is fragile or delicate, ensure that your packaging offers extra protection.
Primarily, you have to keep three crucial things in mind:
- What do your ideal customers expect and want?
- What is in line with your brand’s values and beliefs?
- What best meets the product packaging requirements?
In the meantime, don’t forget to overlook the practical considerations, especially the weight and dimensions of the packaging box. Opting for a smaller and lighter packaging box alone can save hundreds and thousands of dollars every year in shipping costs.