Rice Kheer Recipe
- 1/2 cup Long grained Rice( soaked and drained)
- 1.5 lt milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla custard powder/ cornflour
- Few strands of saffron
- 2 green cardamons
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp golden raisins
- Almond flakes
- Fresh fragrant rose petals
1. Heat milk in a pan and retain few tablespoons of milk for later use.
2. Add long-grain rice that is soaked in water for half an hour in water after draining the access water. In order to make the kheer thick, break a few long-grain rice into small pieces.
3. Allow the rice to cook in the milk. Once the milk starts to thicken, add sugar, seeds of cardamon, few strands of saffron and golden raisins
4. In order to thicken the milk, mix vanilla custard powder/ cornflour in few tablespoons of milk and add this mixture to the kheer.
5. Kheer is ready to be served. Garnish it with almond flakes, seeds of cardamon, few strands of saffron and fresh fragrant rose petals.